Soft Chewy Ginger Cookies are my choice for Day 6 of #12DaysOf ChristmasCookies. Guys, I love these cookies!
I LOVE all the warm spices of fall and winter. Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves are flavors and smells that make me swoon. lol I even buy candles in those fragrances and burn them year-round. There’s something so homey and warm and welcoming about their scents.
Well, no need for candles, today. My Soft Chewy Ginger Cookies have filled the house with the wonderful aromas of lovely, toasty, warm spices. They make me want to curl up by a warm fire with some cocoa and a good book and a plateful of these delicious cookies!
- 1 ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ⅔ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 4 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- Cream together the butter, honey and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl if making by hand).
- Beat in the egg.
- Add flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt to the bowl. Mix to thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Pour sugar in the bottom of a bowl for rolling cookie dough in.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop 1 ½ inch diameter balls of dough into the bowl of sugar and roll around until all sides are coated.
- Place cookies on a greased or lined cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 8–11 minutes, depending on your oven and the desired softness or crispness of your cookie. For our family, I remove while the cookies are puffy, but still soft in the center and barely crisp around the edges. Cookies will continue to set up on the cookie sheet. Over-baking will result in a crunchier, rather than chewy cookie.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Cuisine: American
How to Make Soft Chewy Ginger Cookies
This is another tried and true cookie recipe that follows the traditional cookie formula.
- Cream the butter and sugars/honey.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
You’ve probably already memorized my motto with making cookies. “Resist the urge to overbake these.” Like any cookie that you want to be soft and chewy, removing them from the oven just slightly underbaked is the secret. Put the cookie sheet on a cooling rack for two or three minutes to let the cookies continue to “bake” and set up, even though they’re no longer in the oven.
After 2 or 3 minutes, transfer the cookies from the baking sheet to the cooling rack. These cookies don’t need any more fussing or decoration. They are fantastic and simple and they taste like “home”.
Enjoy your delicious masterpieces!
More Cookie Recipes from the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies Event
Here are three more DELISH cookie recipes from our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies blogger event.
- Raspberry Linzer Cookies, from Arlene, at Flour on My Face
- Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies, from Lois, at Walking on Sunshine Recipes
- White Chocolate Pudding Cookies, from Lenny, at Fat Dad Foodie
And, if you’re looking for even more cookie recipes to add to your holiday repertoire, check out my recipe for these yummy Chocolate Crinkles.
ENTER THE 12 Days of Christmas Cookies
KITCHENAID MIXER GIVEAWAY
One lucky winner will receive a KitchenAid Artisan Series 5‑Qt Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield!
FEATURES OF THE KITCHENAID ARTISAN SERIES STAND MIXER
- 10-speed slide control ranges from a very fast whip to a very slow stir
- Includes Flat Beater, Dough Hook and Wire Whip
- Power Hub for Additional Attachments
- Unique Mixing Action
- Assembled with Pride in Greenville, Ohio.Electrical: 60 Hz
- Choose from all the color options to find the one that best matches your style and personality.
- The power hub turns your stand mixer into a culinary center with more than 15 optional attachments available.
- 5‑Qt. stainless steel bowl with comfortable handle offers enough capacity to mix dough for 9 dozen cookies or 4 loaves of bread in a single batch.
- 59-Point Planetary Mixing Action means 59 touch points per rotation around the bowl for thorough ingredient incorporation.
- The tilt-head design allows clear access to the bowl and attached beater or accessory so you can easily add ingredients for a recipe.
- Powerful enough for nearly any task or recipe, whether you’re stirring wet and dry ingredients together, kneading bread dough or whipping cream.
- Includes coated flat beater, coated dough hook, 6‑wire whip and 1‑piece pouring shield. The flat beater and dough hook are dishwasher-safe.
Official Rules and Conditions for the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies Giveaway:
- One winner will be receive a KitchenAid Artisan Series 5‑Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield (Value $279.00 USD).
- Open to US residents adults 18+.
- One (1) winner will be chosen.
- Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn.
- Prize will be delivered via Amazon.
- All entries will be verified.
- This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, Amazon, KitchenAid or any other entity unless otherwise specified.
- Giveaway ends December 12th, 2019 at midnight.
- Bloggers are not responsible for the delivery of the prize.
ENTER USING THE RAFFLECOPTER FORM, BELOWa Rafflecopter giveaway