Soft and chewy with a deep caramel-y flavor and a warm, lightly spiced finish from the ginger, cinnamon and cloves. One of my anytime favorite cookies, but they’re especially lovely for the holidays. Perfect for gift boxes, too.
- 1 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup honey, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- Cream together the butter, honey and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl if making by hand).
- Beat in the egg.
- Add flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt to the bowl. Mix to thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Pour sugar in the bottom of a bowl for rolling cookie dough in.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop 1 1/2 inch diameter balls of dough into the bowl of sugar and roll around until all sides are coated.
- Place cookies on a greased or lined cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 8-11 minutes, depending on your oven and the desired softness or crispness of your cookie. For our family, I remove while the cookies are puffy, but still soft in the center and barely crisp around the edges. Cookies will continue to set up on the cookie sheet. Over-baking will result in a crunchier, rather than chewy cookie.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American