Peanut Butter Blossoms are another Christmas classic. Who doesn’t love the peanut butter and chocolate combination? It’s only natural to pair them in a scrumptious holiday cookie.
These will be some of the first cookies to disappear off your holiday dessert table! It doesn’t hurt that they’re so easy to make, either. Enjoy!
How to Make Peanut Butter Blossoms
Mix up the dough according to the recipe instructions. Chill for at least 30 minutes to make the dough easy to work with. This last part of the process is very much the same as for the Snickerdoodles we made, yesterday.
Use a *cookie dough scoop to measure out 1 1/2 inch cookie dough balls. Roll them in granulated sugar and place them on a greased or lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8–10 minutes.
When you remove the pan from the oven, set it on a cooling rack and then press one Hershey’s kiss into the center of each hot cookie. Allow to set for 2 or 3 minutes and then transfer the cookies from the baking sheet to the cooling rack.
How simple is that?! These are so good. You’re gonna love them!
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For decorating cookies:
- 1/2 cup sugar (for rolling)
- 36 chocolate kisses unwrapped
- In the bowl of a *stand mixer (or large mixing bowl if making by hand), cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, to make the dough easier to handle.
- Add the sugar to a small bowl.
- Drop 1 1/2 inch diameter cookie dough balls into the sugar, with a *cookie scoop. Roll the balls until they are completely coated.
- Place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 8–10 minutes. Cookies should be lightly golden brown tops and they will have cracks. Remove them as early as you see those cracks appear if you like softer, chewier cookies.
- Remove from the oven and immediately push 1 Hershey’s kiss into the center of each individual cookie. It’s important to do this while the cookies are still hot.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Cuisine: American
More Delicious Cookie Recipes
- Soft Ginger Cookies, from Arlene, at Flour on My Face
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies, from Lois, at Walking on Sunshine Recipes
- Creme Brulee Cookie, from Lenny, at Fat Dad Foodie