Peanut Butter Blossoms are another Christmas classic and my selection for the fourth day of the #12DaysOfChristmasCookies blogger event. Who doesn’t love the peanut butter and chocolate combination? It’s only natural to pair them in a scrumptious holiday cookie. These will be some of the first cookies to disappear off your holiday dessert table! It doesn’t hurt that they’re so easy to make, either. Enjoy!Print
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For decorating cookies:
- 1/2 cup sugar (for rolling)
- 36 chocolate kisses unwrapped
- In the bowl of a *stand mixer (or large mixing bowl if making by hand), cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, to make the dough easier to handle.
- Add the sugar to a small bowl.
- Drop 1 1/2 inch diameter cookie dough balls into the sugar, with a *cookie scoop. Roll the balls until they are completely coated.
- Place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 8–10 minutes. Cookies should be lightly golden brown tops and they will have cracks. Remove them as early as you see those cracks appear if you like softer, chewier cookies.
- Remove from the oven and immediately push 1 Hershey’s kiss into the center of each individual cookie. It’s important to do this while the cookies are still hot.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Cuisine: American
How to Make Peanut Butter Blossoms
Mix up the dough according to the recipe instructions. Chill for at least 30 minutes to make the dough easy to work with. This last part of the process is very much the same as for the Snickerdoodles we made, yesterday.
Use a *cookie dough scoop to measure out 1 1/2 inch cookie dough balls. Roll them in granulated sugar and place them on a greased or lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8–10 minutes.
When you remove the pan from the oven, set it on a cooling rack and then press one Hershey’s kiss into the center of each hot cookie. Allow to set for 2 or 3 minutes and then transfer the cookies from the baking sheet to the cooling rack.
How simple is that?! These are so good. You’re gonna love them!
Need More Great Cookie Recipes?
Here are three more DELISH cookie recipes from our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies blogger event.
- Soft Ginger Cookies, from Arlene, at Flour on My Face
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies, from Lois, at Walking on Sunshine Recipes
- Creme Brulee Cookie, from Lenny, at Fat Dad Foodie
ENTER THE 12 Days of Christmas Cookies
KITCHENAID MIXER GIVEAWAY
One lucky winner will receive a KitchenAid Artisan Series 5‑Qt Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield!
FEATURES OF THE KITCHENAID ARTISAN SERIES STAND MIXER
- 10-speed slide control ranges from a very fast whip to a very slow stir
- Includes Flat Beater, Dough Hook and Wire Whip
- Power Hub for Additional Attachments
- Unique Mixing Action
- Assembled with Pride in Greenville, Ohio.Electrical: 60 Hz
- Choose from all the color options to find the one that best matches your style and personality.
- The power hub turns your stand mixer into a culinary center with more than 15 optional attachments available.
- 5‑Qt. stainless steel bowl with comfortable handle offers enough capacity to mix dough for 9 dozen cookies or 4 loaves of bread in a single batch.
- 59-Point Planetary Mixing Action means 59 touch points per rotation around the bowl for thorough ingredient incorporation.
- The tilt-head design allows clear access to the bowl and attached beater or accessory so you can easily add ingredients for a recipe.
- Powerful enough for nearly any task or recipe, whether you’re stirring wet and dry ingredients together, kneading bread dough or whipping cream.
- Includes coated flat beater, coated dough hook, 6‑wire whip and 1‑piece pouring shield. The flat beater and dough hook are dishwasher-safe.
Official Rules and Conditions for the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies Giveaway:
- One winner will be receive a KitchenAid Artisan Series 5‑Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield (Value $279.00 USD).
- Open to US residents adults 18+.
- One (1) winner will be chosen.
- Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn.
- Prize will be delivered via Amazon.
- All entries will be verified.
- This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, Amazon, KitchenAid or any other entity unless otherwise specified.
- Giveaway ends December 12th, 2019 at midnight.
- Bloggers are not responsible for the delivery of the prize.
ENTER USING THE RAFFLECOPTER FORM, BELOWa Rafflecopter giveaway