Homemade Taco Chips are a deliciously simple and quick snack that the whole family will enjoy. You control the ingredients and you make them fresh! The flavor is fabulous because it comes from my Homemade Taco Seasoning. These chips have the cumin and pepper flavor of tacos with a little extra added cheesiness. (Nope! There isn’t any cheese. They only taste like it. They’re 100% dairy-free.)
Did I mention they are easy to make? Yeah! Your kids will be making these. They’re that simple. Crunchy, taco-y, cheesy goodness! What’s not to love?
How to Make Homemade Taco Chips
Preheat your oven and arrange 6 corn tortillas on a baking sheet.
Use a *pastry brush to apply oil to the tops and bottoms of each tortilla. Trying to keep it uniform across the whole surface, all the way to the edges will help your taco chips to bake up to their crispy best.
Sprinkle my Homemade Taco Seasoning over both sides of each tortilla.
Cut each tortilla into 8 triangles. I use a pizza cutter for this, but you could definitely just use a sharp knife. This recipe makes 48 taco chips. Use the multiplier in the recipe card if you need to double or triple the batch.
Bake, serve and enjoy!Print
- 6 (6″) white corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or your preferred oil)
- 3–4 Tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lay the tortillas out on a baking sheet.
- Use a pastry brush to brush both sides of each tortilla with oil.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning (1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon) onto each tortilla, carefully coating each one fully, by massaging the taco seasoning right out to the edges.
- Flip the tortillas over and repeat the same process, being sure the taco seasoning fully coats the entire tortilla.
- Use a pizza wheel to cut each tortilla into 8 equal triangles.
- Bake the chips in your preheated oven for about 10 minutes. They will be lightly browned and crisp when done.
- Category: Snacks, Chips
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American Mexican
Keywords: chips, taco chips, homemade, taco