I first shared Delicious 10-Minute Taco Dip, with my first blog audience, in 2009. It is so scrumptious and super easy to make. Even your kids will become experts at making this family favorite snack that can easily become a simple Sunday Supper. It’s always a hit at parties, too. You’re going to be asked for the recipe over and over.
When I started reworking the recipe post, to share with all of you, I couldn’t bring myself to change the pictures. lol My granddaughters helped me do revised pictures in 2014, to update my original post. Today, when I look at the photos it makes me very happy and nostalgic. I decided to use them, again. So forgive the photography skills and enjoy my beautiful grands as they put this recipe together. I wasn’t kidding when I said it was simple.Print
Easy, delicious and fast to get on the table. This taco dip recipe is a family favorite!
- 1 — 2 cups homemade refried beans, (amount is a personal preference and canned can be substituted)
- (1) 16 oz carton sour cream
- 4 Tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or 1 packet (any brand) taco seasoning mix
- 1 to 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, (we tend to lean toward the “more is better” side of cheese — lol)
- 1 or 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 green onions with tops, chopped
- Start by spreading the refried beans onto a platter or serving tray. Spread them out to within an inch or so of the edge and try to make the layer a uniform thickness across the plate.
- For the second layer, use a small mixing bowl and stir the sour cream and taco seasoning together. Spread over the refried beans.
- Top the sour cream mixture with a generous layer of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Dice tomatoes and spread over the cheese layer.
- Top it off with the diced green onions and it will look as pretty and appetizing as it is delicious!
- It’s ready to eat right now, but we think it’s best served cold, so allow some time for it to sit in the fridge.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla or corn chips.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Lunch
- Cuisine: Mexican
My delicious 10-minute taco dip can be whipped up in minutes. Even your kids will become experts at making this family favorite snack that can easily become a simple Sunday Supper.
How to Make Delicious 10-Minute Taco Dip
Use a large plate or *serving platter to build and serve your dip. Build the layers onto it one at a time.
Begin with the homemade refried beans. Spread them in a smooth even layer to within 1‑inch of the edge of the platter.
Mix the sour cream and taco seasoning and spread that over the beans.
Sprinkle the cheese in an even layer over the sour cream mixture and top with the sliced green onions. Easy peasy! Refrigerate until ready to serve with tortilla or corn chips.
The only tools you really need to make this recipe are a *platter, a spatula and a bowl to mix the sour cream and taco seasoning. Easy recipe easy, easy clean-up and delicious rewards. What’s better than that!?!
Enjoy, my friend!