Chicken Crunch Wrap Supreme grilled sandwiches are crispy, crunchy, cheesy chicken deliciousness! Think savory, spicy and creamy fillings, plus, fresh veggies that are so easy to customize and change up to fit your family’s personal preferences. I’m getting hungry thinking about it! lol
Plus, you can make four crunch wraps at home, faster than you can make it through a drive-thru. That means not only will you save a ton of money, but dinner will be made with your favorite fresh ingredients. Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner. It’s no joke!
What You’ll Need to Make a Chicken Crunch Wrap Supreme
- burrito-size flour tortillas: You really do want this largest size. No substitutions, here. That way it will fold up and over the tostada shell without leaving holes that could leak.
- tostada shells: Fried (or sometimes baked) corn tortillas. Tostada shells are very crisp and they are the CRUNCH in your crunch wrap. I buy them pre-made right next to all the other tortillas in my grocery store. Quick and easy is what I’m going for, here, but you could definitely buy your own 6‑inch corn tortillas and fry or bake them up to make tostada shells.
- pre-cooked chicken: I batch cook chicken breasts and keep them in the fridge and freezer for recipes just like this one. You could definitely get away with using any leftover chicken or even rotisserie chicken. This recipe is perfectly suited to substitutions and your personal creativity.
- black beans: Be sure to rinse and drain the beans, so they don’t add moisture to the wrap. There will be a few beans leftover to toss in a salad or rice bowl, later.
- sour cream
- taco seasoning: Use whatever you have and love. I use my homemade taco seasoning.
- lettuce: You only need about 4 Tablespoons chopped thin. I used Romaine. Use whatever greens you have on hand.
- tomatoes: Dice up cherry tomatoes or a whole tomato. Substitute chunky salsa or even pica de gallo if that’s your happy place. You’ll need 4 Tablespoons.
- green onions: just two, thinly sliced
- guacamole: Again, this completely a personal preference. Buy it at the store or make your own. We love my homemade guacamole, so that’s what I use. The guacamole will also act as a “glue” to help hold the crunch wrap together. If you substitute another topping, here, keep that in mind.
The Recipe and Putting It all Together
For a complete, how-to picture tutorial of assembling a Chicken Crunch Wrap Supreme, scroll past the simple recipe and check out the steps.
As I said, this recipe should be a “starting point” for you. It’s begging to be customized to the individual who’ll be enjoying it and the ingredients you have leftover or in the fridge. Use your imagination and make it your own.
Enjoy my friend!Print
No need for fast food when you can make it quickly and deliciously at home! Crispy, crunchy exterior and flavorful, savory filling. Crunch Wraps are so versatile and the filling can be changed up to use what you have on hand.
- 5 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 4 corn tostada shells
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and diced or shredded
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 ⅓ cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (any cheese you love)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning (any brand, I used my homemade)
- 4 Tablespoons shredded lettuce
- 4 Tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup guacamole (any brand, I used my homemade)
- Warm the flour tortillas in a stack in the microwave at full power for 20 seconds. You want them soft and flexible, so they’re easy to work with. Lay four tortillas out on the counter, assembly line style.
- Add ⅓ cup diced chicken to the center of each flour tortilla.
- Over the chicken, add 1–2 Tablespoons of black beans.
- Add a 2 Tablespoon dollop of sour cream over the beans and chicken.
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of taco seasoning over the filling.
- Now cheese. Add ⅓ cup of shredded cheese over the sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Press a tostada over the top of the filling. Press gently, but firmly, to spread everything out to the edge of the tostada.
- Now, add 1 Tablespoon of shredded lettuce on top.
- Next is 1 Tablespoon of chopped tomatoes.
- Top everything off with ½ a green onion, thinly sliced.
- Cover the top of each crunch wrap with 2 Tablespoons of guacamole.
- Cut the fifth flour tortilla into wedge-shaped quarters. Lay one of the quarters on top of the guacamole in each of the four crunch wraps you’re building. This triangle will help seal your crunch wrap and prevent filling leakage.
- Begin folding the edges of the large tortilla up and toward the center of the crunch wrap and over that quartered tortilla. Work all the way around the crunch wrap, pleating and folding until the it is completely closed.
- Heat avocado oil (or butter) in a skillet. When the oil is hot, place a crunch wrap, folds down in the hot skillet. Heat about 1 minute or until the bottom is crispy golden brown. Flip the crunch wrap and brown the other side. I actually press down on the crunch wrap as it’s cooking to be sure most of the surface stays in contact with the skillet.
- Remove from the skillet and continue by cooking the other three crunch wraps.
- Enjoy with your favorite salsa, queso or sour cream for dipping if you want. We eat them, just like a sandwich.
Really make these delicious grilled sandwiches your own. Add chopped olives, jalapeno, corn, cheese sauce, cilantro or any of your favorite taco toppings. Everyone can customize their own crunch wrap.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Sandwich, Chicken
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crunchwrap, crunch wrap, chicken, grilled, sandwich
How to Make a Chicken Crunch Wrap Supreme
Warm the flour tortillas in the microwave to make them soft and flexible. Lay them out on the counter.
Enjoy, my friend! A quick and easy lunch or dinner that the whole family will love! Have a wonderfully blessed weekend! Make loads of memories with the people you love most!