Chicken Crunchwrap Supreme grilled sandwiches are crispy, crunchy, cheesy chicken deliciousness!
Think savory, spicy and creamy fillings, plus, fresh veggies that are so easy to customize and change up to fit your family’s personal preferences. I’m getting hungry thinking about it! lol
Plus, you can make four crunch wraps at home, faster than you can make it through a drive-thru.
That means not only will you save a ton of money, but dinner will be made with your favorite fresh ingredients. Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner. It’s no joke!
- Burrito-size Flour Tortillas
- Tostada Shells
- Pre-cooked Chicken (see options below)
- Black beans
- Sour cream
- Taco seasoning or Southwest Seasoning
Yes. You definitely do need burrito-sized tortillas. No substitutions, here, really. Being able to get the other ingredients in, especially the tostada, depends on the tortilla being large enough. You won’t be able to fully fold the tortilla around the other ingredients and seal up the crunch wrap with a smaller tortilla..
The tostada IS the crunch in this recipe. I’ve never tried using anything else. I guess in a pinch you could try a single layer of tortilla chips. Though I have absolutely no idea if it would work. I highly recommend buying tostadas or making your own.
What Are Tostada Shells?
Fried (or sometimes baked) whole corn tortillas.
Tostada shells are very crisp and they are the CRUNCH in your crunch wrap.
I buy them pre-made right next to all the other tortillas in my grocery store.
Quick and easy is what I’m going for, here, but you could definitely buy your own 6‑inch corn tortillas and fry or bake them up to make tostada shells.
Do I Have to Use Guacamole?
If you don’t have any, or don’t care for guacamole, you can try substituting something with a similar texture or consistency.
The guacamole is going to be used as the “glue” to hold the chicken crunch wrap together.
Now, that you have me thinking about possible substitutions, I think I know what could work.
Homemade refried beans could be your answer. I have an easy slow cooker recipe for the best refried beans you’ll ever eat. If you do use them, I hope you’ll come back and leave a comment to tell m how it worked out for you.
Options for Pre-Cooked Chicken Recipes
The chicken in Chicken Crunch Wrap Supremes needs to be pre-cooked.
If you use any of my batch cooking chicken recipes then you may already have pre-cooked chicken in the fridge or freezer.
If you don’t, then you can grab a rotisserie chicken for another quick and easy solution.
Try these batch-cooking chicken recipes for optimum results. (Click images or use links under image gallery.)
- Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts
- Tender, Juicy Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts
- Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken, Juicy and Tender
- Easy Roast Chicken
Taco Seasoning vs Southwest Seasoning?
If you buy commercial brands, it will vary from brand to brand. You’ll have to carefully read labels to know the ingredients you’re getting. But you can definitely count on them containing fillers and anti-clumping agents.
My taco seasoning recipe is fairly mild when it comes to spiciness. And, you’ll notice a nutty, cheesy undertone that you don’t get in commercial brands. That’s from nutritional yeast. This is the best mild taco seasoning I’ve ever eaten.
My Southwestern seasoning is much more spicy. I would say probably medium. It’s smoky and herbaceous and like the taco seasoning has no added sugars or fillers. They are both gluten free.
How to Make a Chicken Crunch Wrap Supreme
When you first start thinking about it, how to fold a crunchwrap can seem a little intimidating. Luckily, it’s very simple.
So, don’t overthink it. Just follow these simple folding instructions and your homemade crunch wrap supreme will be done in no time.
Warm the flour tortillas in the microwave to make them soft and flexible. Lay them out on the counter.
As I said, this recipe should be a “starting point” for you.
It’s begging to be customized to the individual who’ll be enjoying it and the ingredients you have leftover or in the fridge. Use your imagination and make it your own.
A quick and easy lunch or dinner that the whole family will love!
Have a wonderfully blessed weekend! Make loads of memories with the people you love most!
Enjoy, my friend!Print
No need for fast food when you can make it quickly and deliciously at home! Crispy, crunchy exterior and flavorful, savory filling. Crunch Wraps are so versatile and the filling can be changed up to use what you have on hand.
- 5 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 4 corn tostada shells
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and diced or shredded
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 1/3 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (any cheese you love)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning or Southwestern seasoning (I use homemade.)
- 4 Tablespoons shredded lettuce
- 4 Tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup guacamole (any brand, I used my homemade)
- Warm the flour tortillas in a stack in the microwave at full power for 20 seconds. You want them soft and flexible, so they’re easy to work with. Lay four tortillas out on the counter, assembly line style.
- Add 1/3 cup diced chicken to the center of each flour tortilla.
- Over the chicken, add 1–2 Tablespoons of black beans.
- Add a 2 Tablespoon dollop of sour cream over the beans and chicken.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of taco seasoning over the filling.
- Now cheese. Add 1/3 cup of shredded cheese over the sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Press a tostada over the top of the filling. Press gently, but firmly, to spread everything out to the edge of the tostada.
- Now, add 1 Tablespoon of shredded lettuce on top.
- Next is 1 Tablespoon of chopped tomatoes.
- Top everything off with 1/2 a green onion, thinly sliced.
- Cover the top of each crunch wrap with 2 Tablespoons of guacamole.
- Cut the fifth flour tortilla into wedge-shaped quarters. Lay one of the quarters on top of the guacamole in each of the four crunch wraps you’re building. This triangle will help seal your crunch wrap and prevent filling leakage.
- Begin folding the edges of the large tortilla up and toward the center of the crunch wrap and over that quartered tortilla. Work all the way around the crunch wrap, pleating and folding until the it is completely closed.
- Heat avocado oil (or butter) in a skillet. When the oil is hot, place a crunch wrap, folds down in the hot skillet. Heat about 1 minute or until the bottom is crispy golden brown. Flip the crunch wrap and brown the other side. I actually press down on the crunch wrap as it’s cooking to be sure most of the surface stays in contact with the skillet.
- Remove from the skillet and continue by cooking the other three crunch wraps.
- Enjoy with your favorite salsa, queso or sour cream for dipping if you want. We eat them, just like a sandwich.
Really make these delicious grilled sandwiches your own. Add chopped olives, jalapeno, corn, cheese sauce, cilantro or any of your favorite taco toppings. Everyone can customize their own crunch wrap.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Sandwich, Chicken
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crunchwrap, crunch wrap, chicken, grilled, sandwich
More Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas
Here’s a beautiful and delicious wrap idea from Paula, at Call Me PMc, too. Give her yummy Chicken Bacon Wrap a try.