When I need chocolate, like right now, this is the recipe I grab every time. Easy No-Bake Cookies are the perfect balance of chocolate and peanut butter with a chewy almost candy-like mouth-feel. I use crunchy peanut butter and rolled oats for incredibly satisfying texture. You're only 15 minutes from indulgent chocolate satisfaction!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- Grease a baking sheet or put a *silpat or waxed paper onto the counter in preparation for forming the cookies.
- Put sugar, butter, cocoa powder and milk in a saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Stir and allow butter to melt and the all the ingredients to combine making sure not to have the heat too high.
- Once everything is combined, increase the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a boil. The second it begins boiling, set a timer for 1 minute. It's so important to not go over the one minute boiling time. Your cookies will be dry and hard if you do.
- At the end of one minute of boiling, remove the pan from the heat. Don't just shut off the burner and keep working there. Literally, move the pan to a cooling rack or potholder on the counter to finish this up. You don't want any additional boiling or cooking of that sugar.
- Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Mix in the oats.
- Quickly, while the mixture is still hot, scoop spoonfuls onto your prepared surface.
- Allow at least 10 minutes for cooling. (Sometimes, that's harder than it sounds. lol)
- Store cooled and set up cookies in an airtight container on the counter.
- Category: Cookie, Dessert, Snack
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American