Easy No-Bake Cookies will satisfy deep-seated chocolate cravings with only seven everyday pantry ingredients and about 15 minutes of prep time! Delicious, chocolate and peanut butter satisfaction! These cookies are so easy you’ll never hesitate to whip up a batch, day or night!
Making Easy No-Bake Cookies
These scrumptious no-bake cookies come together easily. Add butter, sugar, milk and cocoa powder to a pot. Stir everything together and then, boil one minute, finish with peanut butter, vanilla and oats and voila! Irresistible, cravable and easy enough to put together even before bedtime. They’re an indulgent snack, tasty dessert and welcome lunch-box treat.
There are just a couple of tricks I want to share.
- Do NOT overboil the chocolate mixture. Stir the ingredients together in the saucepan over low to medium/low heat. You really don’t want it to boil until everything is incorporated. Once everything is melted and mixed you can turn the heat up to medium. Then, when it hits a full boil, set a timer for one minute and remove the pan from the heat immediately when it goes off. Cooking the mixture longer than the minute will make the sugar hit a different stage of hardness. Then, your cookies will become dull, dry and hard as they cool. You’re shooting for shiny and chewy when these easy no-bake cookies are done. Ultimate chocolate perfection!
- Before you start cooking, prep the surface you will be cooling the cookies on. Use some wax paper on the counter or a lightly greased baking tray. I use my *Silpats for any job where I am preventing sticking, whether it’s in the oven or on the counter. They work great for no-bake cookies!
I hope you and your family enjoy one of our all-time family favorites! It’s an irresistible chocolate cookie that everybody loves. Like those famous potato chips, nobody can eat just one. enjoy!
P.S. Easy No-Bake Cookies would be the rock stars of holiday gift baskets or dessert tables! You should definitely add them to your list!Print
When I need chocolate, like right now, this is the recipe I grab every time. Easy No-Bake Cookies are the perfect balance of chocolate and peanut butter with a chewy almost candy-like mouth-feel. I use crunchy peanut butter and rolled oats for incredibly satisfying texture. You’re only 15 minutes from indulgent chocolate satisfaction!
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- Grease a baking sheet or put a *silpat or waxed paper onto the counter in preparation for forming the cookies.
- Put sugar, butter, cocoa powder and milk in a saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Stir and allow butter to melt and the all the ingredients to combine making sure not to have the heat too high.
- Once everything is combined, increase the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a boil. The second it begins boiling, set a timer for 1 minute. It’s so important to not go over the one minute boiling time. Your cookies will be dry and hard if you do.
- At the end of one minute of boiling, remove the pan from the heat. Don’t just shut off the burner and keep working there. Literally, move the pan to a cooling rack or potholder on the counter to finish this up. You don’t want any additional boiling or cooking of that sugar.
- Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Mix in the oats.
- Quickly, while the mixture is still hot, scoop spoonfuls onto your prepared surface.
- Allow at least 10 minutes for cooling. (Sometimes, that’s harder than it sounds. lol)
- Store cooled and set up cookies in an airtight container on the counter.
- Category: Cookie, Dessert, Snack
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American