No need for fast food when you can make it quickly and deliciously at home! Crispy, crunchy exterior and flavorful, savory filling. Crunch Wraps are so versatile and the filling can be changed up to use what you have on hand.
- 5 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 4 corn tostada shells
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and diced or shredded
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 1/3 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (any cheese you love)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning or Southwestern seasoning (I use homemade.)
- 4 Tablespoons shredded lettuce
- 4 Tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup guacamole (any brand, I used my homemade)
- Warm the flour tortillas in a stack in the microwave at full power for 20 seconds. You want them soft and flexible, so they're easy to work with. Lay four tortillas out on the counter, assembly line style.
- Add 1/3 cup diced chicken to the center of each flour tortilla.
- Over the chicken, add 1-2 Tablespoons of black beans.
- Add a 2 Tablespoon dollop of sour cream over the beans and chicken.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of taco seasoning over the filling.
- Now cheese. Add 1/3 cup of shredded cheese over the sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Press a tostada over the top of the filling. Press gently, but firmly, to spread everything out to the edge of the tostada.
- Now, add 1 Tablespoon of shredded lettuce on top.
- Next is 1 Tablespoon of chopped tomatoes.
- Top everything off with 1/2 a green onion, thinly sliced.
- Cover the top of each crunch wrap with 2 Tablespoons of guacamole.
- Cut the fifth flour tortilla into wedge-shaped quarters. Lay one of the quarters on top of the guacamole in each of the four crunch wraps you're building. This triangle will help seal your crunch wrap and prevent filling leakage.
- Begin folding the edges of the large tortilla up and toward the center of the crunch wrap and over that quartered tortilla. Work all the way around the crunch wrap, pleating and folding until the it is completely closed.
- Heat avocado oil (or butter) in a skillet. When the oil is hot, place a crunch wrap, folds down in the hot skillet. Heat about 1 minute or until the bottom is crispy golden brown. Flip the crunch wrap and brown the other side. I actually press down on the crunch wrap as it's cooking to be sure most of the surface stays in contact with the skillet.
- Remove from the skillet and continue by cooking the other three crunch wraps.
- Enjoy with your favorite salsa, queso or sour cream for dipping if you want. We eat them, just like a sandwich.
Really make these delicious grilled sandwiches your own. Add chopped olives, jalapeno, corn, cheese sauce, cilantro or any of your favorite taco toppings. Everyone can customize their own crunch wrap.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Sandwich, Chicken
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crunchwrap, crunch wrap, chicken, grilled, sandwich