Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts are one of my main go-to quick-fix ingredients. They are juicy and tender every time and the prep takes only minutes.
These Baked Chicken Breasts are delicious on their own, paired with a baked potato, rice or baked sweet potato and a green salad. I batch cook them and keep them in fridge (or freezer) to be able to quickly and easily prepare delectable weeknight dinners.
I store Baked Chicken Breasts whole, diced, sliced or shredded, depending on how I plan to use them. Think about the dishes you have planned for this week’s dinners and prep yours accordingly. Your family’s favorite dishes will come together even more quickly when you have the main ingredient already done.
What Is Batch Cooking?
Wondering what batch cooking is and why anyone would bother?
Batch cooking is preparing large quantities of an ingredient for quick use in future recipes and meals.
Ground beef, chicken, rice, dry beans, and quinoa are just a few of my favorite ingredients to batch cook. The prep for each only takes minutes and they all keep well in the fridge and/or freezer.
I can make favorite recipes in a fraction of the normal time, because I don’t have to stop and prepare those ingredients first. I can just toss the ingredients together and get a meal on the table. The small investment of time to pre-prep pays huge dividends on busy weeknight!
Batch Cooking Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts
When I batch cook Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts I usually make about 10 pounds. That’s typically 12–15 chicken breasts, depending on their size. You can do more or less depending on your needs.
That means I will need to bake two sheet trays to get them all to fit. I use baking trays with rimmed sides and line them with parchment paper.
If the chicken breasts are super thick, I slice them in half, horizontally, to make two portions. Or, using a rolling pin and a zip-top bag, I pound each piece out to an even ½” thickness. If they get really wide after pounding, I cut them in half down the middle, making two portions. This means that even with only 12–15 chicken breasts, I may end up with up to 20 (or more) generous portions.
Even if the chicken breasts are small, I still pound them to ½” thickness, so they cook quickly and evenly. I don’t want any over- or under-done chicken. Just tender and juicy Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts.
Ingredients and Tools
Only two ingredients are necessary for this flavorful boneless skinless chicken breast recipe.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Homemade All Purpose Seasoning (or commercial seasoning of your choice) You can definitely choose any seasoning that you prefer, however I highly recommend my all-purpose seasoning blend. I created it specifically to add scrumptious flavor to meat. It won’t detract from the overall flavor of the cuisine you prepare. Mexican food still tastes Mexican. Italian flavors still shine through in Italian dishes. And, so on.
Tools are simple, as well: rimmed baking sheets, chef’s knife, rolling pin, zip-top bags and parchment paper. Parchment paper isn’t really a necessity, but it makes clean-up so easy! (*These are affiliate links for my favorites.)
Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts RecipePrint
Easy, batch-cooked and scrumptious boneless skinless chicken breasts bake in about 20 minutes and provide the main ingredient for scrumptious meals all week long!
- 10 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3-4 Tablespoons all-purpose seasoning, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pound chicken breasts to an even ½” thickness. Extra large pieces can be sliced horizontally to make two portions of ½” thickness.
- Place the chicken pieces in a single layer on rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Season both sides of each piece with all-purpose seasoning.
- Bake at 400° for about 15–20 minutes. A thermometer inserted into the center of the thickest portion should read 160°.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and allow to rest on the baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes. This helps to keep the chicken juicy and tender.
- Serve with your favorite sides or cool completely and store for use in future dishes.
- Category: Main Dish, Meat, Chicken
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Serving and Storing Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts
Once the meat is rested, it is ready to serve. Cool it completely before refrigerating or freezing it for future meals.
I usually dice, shred and/or slice up at least part of the chicken and store it in zip-top bags in the fridge or freezer. I use it in things like quesadillas, enchiladas, sandwiches, homemade soup and casseroles.
Slice baked chicken breasts to add to stir-fries and salads. Leave a few chicken pieces whole, too. Warm them later in delectable main dishes like my Spinach Artichoke Chicken or Chicken Parmesan.
Start putting fast and easy meals on the table by batch cooking Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts. Save time in the kitchen. Quell the urge to grab take-out, which will save your health and your money. Enjoy delicious and nutritious meals with your family without any struggle. This recipe is a dinner win!!!