These lovely cookies are crisp around the edges, with soft, chewy centers. Cranberry Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies are a perfect addition to any Christmas cookie tray! No extra decoration is needed, since they are already studded with red and green “jewels” in the cranberries and pistachios, plus, the creamy white chocolate chips. They’re a little sweet, a little salty and a whole lot of DELISH! What a fabulous combination of textures and flavors. You’re going to love them!Print
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned oats)
- 2 cups dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups salted pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add sugars and butter to bowl of a *stand mixer with cookie paddles attached. (Can also be mixed by hand.)
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Next, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix in the oatmeal.
- Add dried cranberries, salted pistachios and white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cookies will just begin to be lightly browned around the edges, but soft in the center. Don’t be tempted to over-bake them. They will continue to cook and set up after being removed from the oven. These cookies should be wonderfully chewy.
- After one to two minutes to finish setting up on the baking sheet, transfer the cookies to fully cool on a wire rack.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Cuisine: American
This easy recipe seems to have a lot of ingredients, at first glance, but it’s just my basic oatmeal cookie recipe with three tasty additions: white chocolate chips, dried cranberries and pistachios. White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Cookies come together in minutes. Bake time is only 9-11 minutes per tray and you should be able to finish them in 4 trays, with a yield of about 36-48 cookies, depending on how big you make them.
Freezing White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
You have two excellent options for freezing White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Cookies. The first is to scoop out your cookie dough balls onto a baking tray, flash freeze them, and then store the frozen dough balls in a zip-top bag in the freezer. Pull out just the number you need to have fresh baked cookies in minutes! That’s a great option for unexpected guests.
You can also bake the cookies, and then, cool them completely. I still prefer flash freezing before storing. The baked cookies, if individually flash frozen on a tray, can then be placed in a ziptop bag, just like the dough balls. They won’t stick together in the freezer and you can remove just the number you want to thaw.
These are not “traditional” Christmas cookies, but I had the idea and they turned out so beautifully. i hope you get a chance to bake them!
More Cookie Recipes from the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies Event
Here are three more DELISH cookie recipes from our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies blogger event.
- No Bake Oreo Snowball Cookies, from Arlene, at Flour on My Face
- Ginger Snaps, from Lois, at Walking on Sunshine Recipes
- Gingerbread Kiss Cookies, from Lenny, at Fat Dad Foodie
And, if you’re looking for even more cookie recipes to add to your holiday repertoire, check out my recipe for these yummy Soft Chewy Ginger Cookies.
ENTER THE 12 Days of Christmas Cookies
KITCHENAID MIXER GIVEAWAY
One lucky winner will receive a KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Qt Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield!
FEATURES OF THE KITCHENAID ARTISAN SERIES STAND MIXER
- 10-speed slide control ranges from a very fast whip to a very slow stir
- Includes Flat Beater, Dough Hook and Wire Whip
- Power Hub for Additional Attachments
- Unique Mixing Action
- Assembled with Pride in Greenville, Ohio.Electrical: 60 Hz
- Choose from all the color options to find the one that best matches your style and personality.
- The power hub turns your stand mixer into a culinary center with more than 15 optional attachments available.
- 5-Qt. stainless steel bowl with comfortable handle offers enough capacity to mix dough for 9 dozen cookies or 4 loaves of bread in a single batch.
- 59-Point Planetary Mixing Action means 59 touch points per rotation around the bowl for thorough ingredient incorporation.
- The tilt-head design allows clear access to the bowl and attached beater or accessory so you can easily add ingredients for a recipe.
- Powerful enough for nearly any task or recipe, whether you’re stirring wet and dry ingredients together, kneading bread dough or whipping cream.
- Includes coated flat beater, coated dough hook, 6-wire whip and 1-piece pouring shield. The flat beater and dough hook are dishwasher-safe.
Official Rules and Conditions for the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies Giveaway:
- One winner will be receive a KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield (Value $279.00 USD).
- Open to US residents adults 18+.
- One (1) winner will be chosen.
- Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn.
- Prize will be delivered via Amazon.
- All entries will be verified.
- This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, Amazon, KitchenAid or any other entity unless otherwise specified.
- Giveaway ends December 12th, 2019 at midnight.
- Bloggers are not responsible for the delivery of the prize.
ENTER USING THE RAFFLECOPTER FORM, BELOWa Rafflecopter giveaway