Easy, delicious and fast to get on the table. This taco dip recipe is a family favorite!
- 1 – 2 cups homemade refried beans, (amount is a personal preference and canned can be substituted)
- (1) 16 oz carton sour cream
- 4 Tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or 1 packet (any brand) taco seasoning mix
- 1 to 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, (we tend to lean toward the “more is better” side of cheese – lol)
- 1 or 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 green onions with tops, chopped
- Start by spreading the refried beans onto a platter or serving tray. Spread them out to within an inch or so of the edge and try to make the layer a uniform thickness across the plate.
- For the second layer, use a small mixing bowl and stir the sour cream and taco seasoning together. Spread over the refried beans.
- Top the sour cream mixture with a generous layer of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Dice tomatoes and spread over the cheese layer.
- Top it off with the diced green onions and it will look as pretty and appetizing as it is delicious!
- It’s ready to eat right now, but we think it’s best served cold, so allow some time for it to sit in the fridge.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla or corn chips.
- Category: Appetizer, Lunch
- Cuisine: Mexican