- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For decorating cookies:
- 1/2 cup sugar (for rolling)
- 36 chocolate kisses unwrapped
- In the bowl of a *stand mixer (or large mixing bowl if making by hand), cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, to make the dough easier to handle.
- Add the sugar to a small bowl.
- Drop 1 1/2 inch diameter cookie dough balls into the sugar, with a *cookie scoop. Roll the balls until they are completely coated.
- Place the cookies on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Cookies should be lightly golden brown tops and they will have cracks. Remove them as early as you see those cracks appear if you like softer, chewier cookies.
- Remove from the oven and immediately push 1 Hershey’s kiss into the center of each individual cookie. It’s important to do this while the cookies are still hot.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Cuisine: American