- 1 large jalapeno, stem removed cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small lime, zest and juice
- Zest the lime into the smoothie cup or pitcher of your blender.
- Juice the lime into the same container.
- Add all the other ingredients and pulse or blend until everything is finely minced and fully incorporated.
- Store in small canning jars, or your other favorite containers, up to one week in the fridge. (It won’t last that long, though, I bet!)
Use a high-speed blender, preferably one with a smoothie cup attachment. This recipe makes a small batch so some over-sized blender pitchers might have trouble blending it. Anything high-speed, like a BlendTec, a Vitamix or one like *my Ninja Blender/Food Processor/Smoothie system will be perfect. You can try it in other blenders. I just don’t have experience with it, so I’m not sure how easily it will work.
- Category: Condiments, Sauces
- Cuisine: American Spanish