- 24-30 frozen meatballs, (be sure to grab my easy recipe)
- 5 Tablespoons oil
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 1 T beef bouillon (I use Better than Bouillon Beef Base. Choose your favorite brand.)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional, chopped parsley garnish
- Start by making a roux. Put the oil and flour into your 12" cast-iron skillet.
- Over medium heat, whisk the oil and flour together until they are smooth.
- Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes to allow the flour to take on a nutty taste and aroma. It will begin to darken in color, becoming a sort of golden shade.
- Whisk the beef broth and bouillon into the roux and continue stirring to incorporate it completely and smooth out any lumps. The gravy will begin thickening.
- Add the cream and sour cream, whisking them into the gravy. Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Add the meatballs. Continue to cook over medium low heat until the meatballs are warmed through.
- Serve over potatoes, noodles or rice.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Beef, Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gravy, beef, meatballs