A perfect quick-fix supper for hectic nights! Cheesy pasta with chicken - what's not to love? The whole family will flip for this delicious casserole. It can be made ahead and kept in fridge or freezer and leftovers heat in the microwave for perfect lunches the next day.
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, chopped chicken (can use leftovers, rotisserie chicken, etc.)
- 8 oz dry spaghetti (For Gluten Free: Jovial brown rice spaghetti)
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup (For Gluten Free: buy gluten free or make your own )
- 1 (8 oz) block extra sharp Cheddar cheese (about 2 cups), (Grate your own so it melts properly.)
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
- 3/4 cup bacon pieces (I buy a bag of real bacon pieces in the salad dressing aisle.)
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 2 Tablespoons stone ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cook and drain spaghetti.
- While spaghetti cooks, make the cheese sauce by adding the cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, grated cheese, ranch dressing and mustard to a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring often until the cheese is melted and all ingredients have incorporated into a creamy sauce.
- Chop or shred pre-cooked chicken, if it isn't already done.
- In a 9x9 baking pan, mix spaghetti, bacon pieces and chicken.
- Pour cheese sauce over the spaghetti mixture and stir to thoroughly combine and coat all the ingredients.
- Bake at 350°, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Optional: Garnish with thinly sliced green onions or chopped, fresh parsley.
Make ahead. Great for meal prep and for freezer. Keep in fridge for 3 to 4 days before baking. Keep in freezer for 3 - 4 months before baking. When frozen, thaw completely before baking.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Casserole
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: casserole, spaghetti, chicken, cheese, bacon