- 3 1/2 - 4 cups sweet potatoes, baked and mashed (2 very large sweet potatoes)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Bake 2 - 3 sweet potatoes in a 350° oven for 60 - 90 minutes. Place the washed sweet potatoes on a parchment-lined *baking sheet. Pierce the skins to prevent bursting. A fork will slide into them easily and they will be tender, when done.
- Cool potatoes 20-30 minutes until they are not too hot for you to handle.
- Remove sweet potato skins and mash the pulp. I actually use a fork and mash them right in the measuring cup, I'm working with. You will need 3 1/2 to 4 cups of mashed pulp. Anything within that range will definitely work.
- Beat sweet potato sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and milk until fully combined. Mixture will be smooth with a few small sweet potato lumps. (You could use a mixer to get it perfectly smooth, but I just use a spoon or whisk and it comes together beautifully in less than a minute.)-
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into a *9x13 baking pan (or individual ramekins).
- To make the Streusel Topping, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans in a small bowl. Stir to be sure everything is combined and evenly distributed. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Evenly distribute the streusel topping over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 - 35 minutes minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Side Dish, Vegetable
- Cuisine: American