Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies satisfy every indulgently gooey, chocolatey cookie craving! Classic chocolate chip cookie goodness in a small batch. Recipe makes a perfect dozen. (Hit that 3x button in the recipe card to make a full-size batch of these classic chocolate chip cookies.)
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon homemade vanilla extract (or favorite store brand)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, fine grind (or table salt)
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Prep one baking sheet if making small batch chocolate chip cookies (or three if making a traditional 3X batch). Lightly grease the baking sheet or line it with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer (or by hand).
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated. Don't overmix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
- Use a #20 muffin/cupcake scoop[affiliate link]. It holds just under 3 Tablespoons of cookie dough. Scoop the cookie dough into balls and arrange on the prepped baking sheet.
- Bake the chocolate chip cookies at 375° F for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on your specific oven. Start checking at the 8 minute mark, so you don't overbake them.
- Remove cookies from the oven and place the cookie sheet on a cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool on the sheet for at least 3 minutes before transferring them to the cooling rack.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Category: Baking, Cokies, Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American