Perfect Crock Pot Chicken Breasts are juicy, flavorful and SO easy to make! Adults & kids love this easy 4-ingredient recipe. Use this delicious chicken as the main dish or an ingredient in other recipes. Perfect for batch cooking for the freezer. This delicious chicken will be perfect in all your favorite dishes – breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- 4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 pieces) (Frozen chicken should be thawed, first.)
- 2 Tablespoons All Purpose Seasoning
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- Generously season each chicken breast with All Purpose Seasoning, being sure to coat both sides.
- Place each chicken breast in the bottom of the slow cooker making an effort to try to keep them in a single layer. (If doubling the recipe, there will of course be two layers of chicken.)
- Add the butter and chicken broth to the slow cooker.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set to low.
- Cook on low for around 2 1/2 to 3 hours until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 160°.
- Remove the chicken and place on a plate or cutting board to rest for 10 minutes and complete the cooking process. The temperature of the chicken will continue to rise and reach the USDA recommended internal temperature of 165°. Juices will redistribute during this resting period, as well. The recipe will not turn out as expected if this resting period is skipped.
- Serve this delicious chicken with your favorite sides or shred/chop/slice for use in future meals and recipes.
To Make Gravy with the Drippings in the Slow Cooker:
- drippings from slow cooker (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup whole milk (enough to bring liquid to 2 cups)
- 3 Tablespoons COLD water
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Dissolve the cornstarch completely in the cold water and set aside.
- Strain the drippings from the slow cooker into a liquid measuring cup.
- Add milk to bring the level up to 2 cups.
- Whisk the corn starch and water mixture into the drippings and milk in the measuring cup.
- Pour everything into a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until the gravy comes to a boil and thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 min
- Category: Meat, Poultry, Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken, slow cooker, all purpose seasoning