1 – 2 lbs Beef Smoked Sausage (or your family’s favorite sausages)
3 lbs veggies of your choice, chopped and sliced (*See Notes.)
2 Tablespoons avocado oil
salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the sausage into rounds about 1/2 inch thick.
- Chop or slice the veggies of your choice. (*See Notes.)
- Line a *sheet pan with parchment paper, foil or a silicone mat.
- Toss the sausage and chopped veggies onto the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and toss (with your hands) to coat everything, evenly.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 400° for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- I have successfully used potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, zucchini, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, onions, fresh green beans, corn on the cob, asparagus, yellow squash, carrots and beets, in this recipe. All of them are delicious and there are dozens of different combinations that can be made.
- Potatoes, beets and butternut squash tend to take the longest to cook. Cut them into smaller pieces or start them 15 minutes before everything else. I just cut them into small chunks.
- Zucchini, bell peppers and asparagus cook quickly, so I typically add them during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Toss them with a little oil and salt and pepper before adding them to the sheet tray.
- Beets are scrumptious roasted like this. I put them at one side of the sheet tray, by themselves, to prevent heir gorgeous color from bleeding into the other veggies.
- Category: Main Dish