Pickled vegetables can make a delicious taco, sandwich or cheesy dish into something spectacular! Crunchy, tart and delicious with the perfect amount of acidic kick to cut through rich, creamy and cheesy dishes. Best of all, they couldn't be easier to make!
- 2 pints of sliced vegetables of your choice, packed into jars
- 1 cup white vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 Tablespoons of sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of salt
- Slice the jalapenos or vegetables into no thicker than 1/4" slices. You can make them thinner if you prefer.
- Pack the sliced vegetables into two pint jars or four half pint jars.
- Place the vinegar, warm water, sugar and salt into a bowl and whisk until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Pour the pickling brine over the prepared veggies in your jars.
- Screw on the lids and refrigerate. Overnight creates the best flavor, but most vegetables will already begin to be "pickley" delicious in 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Pickles, Condiments, Vegetables
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pickles, jalapenos, vegetables