- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups potato chips, crumbles
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Mix in the eggs, flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add in the potato chips, butterscotch chips and mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Roll into balls and place them onto a greased, or parchment-lined, *baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly brown around the edges. Cookies will still look glossy and soft in center, but will finish setting up on the cooling rack. Resist the urge to over-bake them, so they come out chewy with crisp edges.
Cookie dough can also be kept in the fridge for up to a week. Bake fresh cookies, as you go.
The dough freezes beautifully, too. Flash-freeze the pre-rolled cookie dough balls, by placing them onto a cookie sheet (not touching) and sticking the whole tray into the freezer until the dough is frozen solid. Drop the dough balls into a doubled (one sealed bag, inside another) zip-top bag and keep in the freezer up to six months. Pull out only the number you want to bake, without them all being stuck together in the bag. You may need to add 1 to 2 minutes baking time, when baking the dough from frozen.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Cuisine: American