- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn kernels
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Stir the cream into the melted butter.
- Add eggs to butter and cream mixture and whisk until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir just until everything is combined. Don’t overmix.
- Add the frozen corn and stir to distribute throughout the batter.
- Pour into a greased *8×8 baking pan.
- Move oven rack to second from bottom position.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Toothpick inserted in center will come out clean and cornbread will be pulling away from sides of pan.