Tzatziki is an easy creamy yogurt and cucumber sauce with a hint of dill and garlic. This delicious condiment is often used for Greek, Mediterranean or Middle Eastern dishes. Serve tzatziki on gyros, as a dip with pita chips, as a spread on sandwiches, an ingredient in appetizers or even use it as a meat marinade or as the base for a salad dressing.
- 1/2 cup cucumber, minced fine
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (For dairy-free try coconut yogurt. It just needs to be thick.)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Taste as you go and adjust salt and pepper or other seasonings, as needed.
- Cover and chill the tzatziki in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Garnish with more minced cucumber and dill before serving, if desired.
The cucumbers may continue to release liquid as the tzatziki sits. Just stir it back into the dip. If the liquid seems to thin the dip, too much, you can add another spoonful of Greek yogurt.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dips, Condiments, Dressings, Marinades
- Method: Cold Prep
- Cuisine: Greek, Mediterranean