If I wasn't telling you right now, you would have no idea these cookies are gluten free! They're simply that delicious. Flavor and texture are everything a chocolate chip cookie should be. They're golden brown with lightly crisp edges, soft chewy centers and loaded with melty, gooey chocolate chips. Unbelievably scrumptious!
- 1 cup butter, softened (not melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend, any cup for cup brand
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1 bag (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add gluten free flour, oats and baking soda and mix until all ingredients are incorporated and soft dough has formed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto lightly greased cookie sheet, spacing cookies 2 across and 4 down to give them room to spread. (I use this #20-sized scoop, which holds just under 3 Tablespoons of dough. This makes a perfect 3-inch cookie. You can make them smaller, if you choose, but you will need to adjust the baking time and of course, will enjoy a larger yield.)
- Bake at 350° for 9 ‑11 minutes. Cookies will be only lightly browned, but dry on the surface. Edges will be golden. Don't overbake.
- Remove baking sheet from oven to a cooling rack and allow cookies to rest on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before removing them. That will allow them to set up as they cool.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 9 min
- Category: Cookies, Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, gluten free, chocolate chip cookies