- 2 lbs (32 oz) frozen corn (don't thaw) or fresh corn, if you have some
- 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Add all the ingredients into the base of your crock-pot.
- Use a wooden spoon to roughly "combine" everything. Once the milk and cream hit the frozen corn, it will become a solid mass, but don't worry. It doesn't need to be a thorough mix job. It's going to look like frozen chunks of ingredients, in the beginning. Nothing will be evenly distributed.
- Put the cover on your slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
- By the end of three hours, the creamed corn ingredients will have all started to meld and come together. The sauce will still be too loose at this point though. Give it a little stir if you like, but wait the full four hours before turning off the slow cooker.
- It's important to let the creamed corn continue to cook for the full 4 hours. That last hour is when the sauce begins to thicken and become creamy and delicious.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Side Dish, Vegetable
- Cuisine: American