- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar, to roll cookie dough in
- Mix butter, cocoa, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of your *stand mixer (or by hand).
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add the flour baking powder and salt and mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes to an hour to make it easier to handle.
- Once the dough has chilled, use a *cookie scoop to drop 1 1/2 inch diameter cookie dough balls into a bowl of powdered sugar. Roll the dough around until all sides are covered.
- Place cookie dough balls on a greased or lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes. Tops will lose their damp sheen and have cracks in them, but the insides will still be soft when the cookies are done. Allow them to rest on the sheet when you first take them from the oven and they will continue to set up.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stay on the sheet for 3-5 minutes, before removing to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Category: Desserts, Cookies
- Cuisine: American