My Italian Meatballs recipe is a quick and easy way to create delicious savory meatballs for use in your favorite recipes. Always having savory meatballs on hand ready-made in the freezer means dinner can be on the table in minutes, and I know that everyone is going to love it. Keep this recipe at the front of your recipe files because you’ll be asked for it often.
- 4 1/4 lbs 93% lean ground beef
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs (I like Panko, but regular work great, too)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1/3 cup dried parsley
- 1/3 cup dried basil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Spike Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients to an extra large mixing bowl.
- For best results, use your hands to mix and combine all the ingredients, distributing everything evenly throughout the meat mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into balls, using a small cookie dough scoop.
- Arrange the Italian meatballs on two parchment-lined sheet pans, leaving a little space between each one.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Remove the trays and cool on cooling racks.
The Italian meatballs are ready to use in your favorite recipes as soon as they come out of the oven.
To freeze the leftovers:
- Let the Italian meatballs cool completely.
- Remove the parchment paper from the baking sheets and arrange meatballs, again, making sure they don’t touch.
- Put trays in freezer for about an hour or until meatballs are frozen solid.
- Put frozen meatballs into zip-top bags and store in freezer until ready to use.
- Add to any recipe like you would any frozen meatball.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Beef, Main Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American