Crispy, juicy and tender Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets are a hit with kids and adults. They’re versatile to serve with your favorite sides, to make into sandwiches or to use as ingredients in other dishes. They can be prepped and fully cooked in under 30 minutes. Chicken Cutlets are delicious!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (.75 to 1 lb. each)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs (I use Italian Seasoned.)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons your favorite seasoning (Cajun Seasoning, Southwest Seasoning, All Purpose Seasoning, Tony’s Creole or just Salt and Pepper are all delicious.)
- Preheat the air fryer to 425°F.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to create the cutlets.
- Pound the thick end of each cutlet until it is an even thickness with the thinner end. The cutlets should be about 1/4″ thick.
- Make a breading station with beaten eggs in one shallow container and Panko bread crumbs in another.
- Season both sides of each chicken cutlet with Cajun seasoning or the seasoning you have chosen for your chicken.
- Dip seasoned chicken cutlets, first into the beaten egg. Allow any excess to drip back into the dish.
- Place dipped cutlets into the panko bread crumbs, pressing firmly on both sides, so the crumbs adhere well.
- As each chicken cutlet is fully coated in bread crumbs, lay it on your air fryer rack. Be sure you leave space between them for heat to circulate. If your air fryer is smaller you may need to do two batches.
- Use a Misto sprayer [affiliate link], or your favorite oil sprayer to cover each breaded chicken cutlet in a light mist of oil. Gently turn each cutlet over and mist the other side.
- Air fry the chicken cutlets in a preheated air fryer for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Flip the cutlets over and continue air frying for 3 to 5 minutes, until cutlets are golden brown and reach an internal temperature of 165 °F. (The final cooking time will depend on your specific air fryer and the thickness of your cutlets. Temperature is the only truly reliable way to test for doneness.)
Freezing Chicken Cutlets for Future Use
- Prep the cutlets through step 8 in the recipe.
- Lay them out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for two hours or until the cutlets are full frozen.
- Remove frozen cutlets from the sheet and carefully place into a zip-top freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible form the bag and then seal.
- Store the chicken cutlets in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To Air Fry the Chicken Cutlets from frozen, spray both sides with oil and cook according to the recipe, noting that an additional 1 to 2 minutes may be required after flipping.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Main Dish, Chicken, Air Fryer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American