Turkey leftovers transform into a deliciously satisfying meal when you make Turkey Avocado Sandwiches. The only cooking is the bacon. These are large, generous avocado turkey sandwiches and 1/2 is usually more than enough per serving. Especially if serving with sides.
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted (use your favorite bread)
- 1/3 pound leftover turkey slices (or sliced turkey from the deli)
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 avocado
- 4 strips thick cut bacon, cooked and drained
- 4 thin slices of tomato
- 2 leaves of lettuce (We like leaf lettuce or butter lettuce.)
- Cilantro Lime Aioli (or mayo or your favorite sandwich spread)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the bacon in the oven at 400° F for about 20 minutes or until crisp.
- Stir together the Cilantro Lime Aioli (recipe in notes) while the bacon cooks. If you're just using mayo, skip to the next step.
- Grate the Monterey Jack Cheese, slice the avocado and slice the tomato into thin slices.
- When the bacon is 5 minutes from being done, toast each slice of bread.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and then add the leftover turkey slices. You are just warming them through and getting a little color on them. It will probably only take about 60 to 90 seconds per side. When the turkey has browned on the bottom, flip it over.
- Sprinkle grated Monterey Jack cheese over the browned turkey slices. Shut off the heat and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and drain on paper towels.
- Remove toast from toaster and spread all 4 slices with Cilantro Lime aioli or mayonnaise.
- On two slices of toast, add one leaf of lettuce and 1/2 of the avocado slices.
- Place turkey with melted cheese over the avocado. You can use salt and pepper, here.
- Next add 2 slices of bacon broken in half, two thin slices of tomato and more black pepper, to taste.
- Top with the other slices of toasted bread you prepared.
Cilantro Lime Aioli Recipe
In a small bowl, blend the following ingredients to create a creamy sandwich spread or dip.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Sandwich, Main Dish
- Method: Oven & Stove Top
- Cuisine: American