This Easy Pork Loin recipe is a perfect low-stress and simple dish to serve on weeknights. And yet, it’s exceptional flavor makes it special enough to serve at a dinner party with friends. It’s a delicious boneless pork loin recipe that requires only 5 minutes of prep time.
- 4-5 lb pork loin
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or your preferred oil)
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder (or 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, *SEE NOTE)
- Whisk together the easy spice paste. Put the avocado oil and all the seasonings and spices into a bowl and whisk until they are combined and form a thick paste.
- Place the pork loin, fat cap up, into a *9x13 pan. With a sharp chef's knife or butcher knife, score the top of the roast in a criss-cross pattern. You don't have to go very deep. Just get through the fat cap. That way all your seasonings will go right into the meat.
- Pour the spice paste onto the roast, and with your hands, massage it over the top and sides of the pork loin.
- Roast at 350° for 45 minutes to an hour, until the internal temperature has reached 145°.
- Remove from the oven and tent loosely with foil.
- Rest the pork loin roast for 10 to 15 minutes, before slicing.
*Cayenne is 8-10 times hotter than chipotle powder and it does not have the smoky flavor of chipotle. If substituting cayenne for the chipotle in this recipe, you will only use 1/8 teaspoon and the flavor will be slightly different.
****CROCK POT INSTRUCTIONS****
Prep this recipe in the base of your crock pot, instead of a 9x13 pan. Follow all other instructions as the recipe indicates. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the internal temperature of the pork loin registers 145°. Remove from the crock pot and tent with foil for a 10-15 minute rest period before slicing.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Meat, Main Dish, Pork
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roast, pork, main dish, pork loin