This Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad is light, crisp, juicy and bursting with some of the best flavors of summer! It’s perfect as a side dish, but it can also be great as a meal. This refreshing and tasty cucumber salad is tossed with a gorgeous Mediterranean salad dressing made from olive oil, fresh lemon, garlic, mint and parsley. You’re gonna love it!
- 5 mini cucumbers, washed and sliced
- 1 cup salad or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, slivered
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 6–8 fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Slice cucumbers and tomatoes into bite-sized pieces. I halve small tomatoes, most often.
- Cut thin slices of red onion and them cut those into shorter slivers.
- Drain the chickpeas.
- Place the chickpeas, tomatoes, red onions and cucumbers into a large mixing bowl or salad bowl. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- In the smoothie cup or pitcher of your blender, add the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, parsley and mint. Process on high speed until mixture is smooth and all the oil has been emulsified. 30 seconds is about all it takes for me.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to combine so everything is evenly coated in dressing.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Category: Salad, Side Dish, Main Dish
- Method: Cold Prep
- Cuisine: Mediterranean-American