Magic Cookie Bars are a fabulous mix of textures and flavors that everyone loves. Who can resist gooey chocolate and butterscotch with coconut and pecans over a graham cracker crust? Encase those delectable flavors and textures in a chewy, caramelized blanket of sweetened condensed milk and these EASY bar cookies are positively irresistible!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Melt the butter and mix with the graham cracker crumbs until all the crumbs are moistened.
- Pour the crumbs into the bottom of your prepared cake pan and press to create a thin, but solid layer that covers the entire bottom of the pan. Be sure to get it all the way to the edges.
- Sprinkle butterscotch chips evenly over the crumbs.
- Next, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the butterscotch. Again, be careful to distribute them evenly across the surface of the entire pan.
- The fourth layer is coconut. sprinkle it evenly over everything already in the pan.
- Add an even layer of pecans over the coconut.
- Drizzle the condensed milk in a zig-zag pattern across the full length of the cake pan, trying to get even amounts of the thick liquid across the whole pan. Drizzle into corners and along edges, too. You can use a spatula to smooth it into areas you might have missed.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes, until the edges are browned and the center is set.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 15-20 minutes. Cut into bars and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Desserts, Cookies, Bar Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American