Easy, no bake Date Balls are soft, not too sweet and utterly delicious. The walnut crunch is a tasty textural contrast to the creamy date centers. They’re little gluten free and dairy free bites of happiness!
- 3 1/2 cups (554 g) Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 1/2 cups coconut flakes
- Pit and chop the dates. Measure and/or weigh the dates AFTER they have been pitted.
- Chop walnuts if not purchased pre-chopped.
- Place the pitted and chopped dates, chopped walnuts and sugar in a saucepan.
- Add the water and salt and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove the pan from the heat when a thickened, soft jam has formed.
- Stir in the crisp rice cereal. The mixture will be soft, but scoopable with a cookie dough scoop.
- Add coconut to a plate or bowl.
- Drop scoops of the date ball mixture into the coconut.
- Roll to coat and then shape into round balls.
- Store Date Balls with Coconut and Walnuts in the fridge or freezer.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cookies, Dessert, Snack
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American