Red Skin Mashed Potatoes with Garlic are one of the simplest, most soul satisfying comfort food sides you can add to any meal. They're creamy, buttery, deliciousness, on their own, or topped with gravy. They taste like you're eating out at a nice steakhouse, but you get to enjoy them in the comfort of your own home. (And for a fraction of the price!)
- 3 lbs. red potatoes cut into 1” chunks
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or whole milk)
- Wash and cut up the potatoes.
- Place in a saucepan and add garlic and salt.
- Add water to just cover potatoes.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until potatoes are fork tender (15-20 minutes).
- Drain the potatoes. Place them back in the pan and use a potato masher to begin breaking them up and mashing them.
- Add butter and cream and continue mashing until you reach your desired consistency. You can can leave small chunks of potato in your mash or continue working them until they are 100% creamy and smooth.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Side Dish, Vegetables
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potatoes, mashed potatoes, garlic