This creamy strawberry cottage cheese jello salad is a throwback to the 80’s. It was our “fancy” salad when we had company back then. Now, it’s just a cool and refreshing salad that both kids and adults enjoy. Vintage can be good!
- 1 (24 oz.) container small curd cottage cheese (4% milkfat)
- 1 (8 oz.) tub Cool Whip
- 1 (3 oz.) box strawberry gelatin powder
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- Wash and slice the strawberries. Set aside.
- Add the cottage cheese to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the strawberry gelatin powder and stir to combine with the cottage cheese.
- Scoop the Cool Whip into the mixing bowl along with the sliced strawberries.
- Stir and combine all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate until time to serve.
I have successfully substituted sliced bananas for the strawberries in this recipe. It’s delicious, but they will brown over time if left sitting too long. To solve this, simply wait to slice and add them just before serving.
Try it with Pineapple Gelatin and cubes of fresh pineapple.
Use Lemon Gelatin and fresh blueberries or Lime Gelatin and a can of well drained crushed pineapple.
You might also like Orange Gelatin with Mandarin Oranges.
But, next to strawberry cottage cheese salad, Peach Cottage Cheese Salad would be my favorite. Peach gelatin is sometimes more difficult to find. But Walmart’s Great Value brand makes a peach and Jell-o brand does, too. Sub the peach gelatin for the strawberry and use fresh peaches cut into chunks. Heaven!!!!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Category: Side Sish, Salad
- Method: Cold Prep
- Cuisine: American