- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 3 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/8-inch thick rounds
- 1 cup of sliced celery
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into slivers
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 24–30 frozen meatballs (click the link to get my recipe)
- Pour the pineapple, with juice, into a 12″ cast iron skillet. Set heat to medium.
- In a separate bowl, mix together beef stock, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Be sure it is all cold.
- Add the cornstarch to the cold liquids and stir until completely dissolved.
- Mix the cornstarch liquid into the pineapple and stir until smooth and beginning to thicken.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the frozen meatballs, stirring to coat them, and then let the mixture continue to simmer until the meatballs are heated through. It will only take about 10 minutes.
- Slice and chop the vegetables while the meatballs warm.
- Add the vegetables to the skillet. Give a quick stir to make sure everything is coated in the yummy sauce. Cook one or two minutes more, until the vegetables are heated through. (You can cook the veggies to your preferred softness. We like them tender-crisp and still bright in color. Cook longer if you like them soft.)
- Serve over white, brown or wild rice. I’ve even served it over cauliflower rice.
- Category: Beef, Asian, Main Dish