This scrumptious homemade ketchup recipe is sugar-free and Whole 30 compliant!
- 1 (12 oz) can tomato paste (If you have 6 oz cans, just use 2.)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons *coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons stone ground mustard (yellow works, too)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
You can whisk this together in a bowl and use it, as is. However, *my blender system comes with a smoothie cup and I prefer to put all the ingredients in there and give it a blitz to get things smooth and evenly incorporated. The batch is probably too small to make in a regular blender pitcher, but if you have a smoothie cup attachment on your blender, I highly recommend it.
If you decide to make this by hand, you could substitute 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder for the minced garlic and use any smooth mustard in place of the stone ground. Just be sure that any ingredients you substitute have no sugars added, if you’re trying to keep it Whole 30 compliant.
- Category: Condiments, Sauces
- Cuisine: American