Smoky, savory and salty ham; gooey melted cheese; sweet and spicy dressings and a caramelized glaze all delivered on warm, sweet dinner rolls. I’ll let you just stop and think about that deliciousness for a minute. Yeah. You’re gonna want to make these!
- 3/4 – 1 lb ham, sliced as thin as you can do it
- 12 American cheese slices
- 2 (12 ct pkgs) dinner rolls (those yummy sweet ones are superb!)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons stone ground mustard (reserve the 2 Tbls. for the glaze)
- Assemble the sliders first. Start by splitting the rolls.
- Spread a small amount of barbecue sauce on one half and then stone ground mustard on the other.
- Add a few slices of ham and half (2 of the quarters) a slice of American cheese to the bottom half of each roll.
- Put all the tops on the Ham and Cheese Sliders and snuggle all 24 into a 9×13 pan.
- Next make the glaze by adding the brown sugar, melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, 2 Tablespoons of stone ground mustard and poppy seeds to a small saucepan.
- Bring the glaze to a full, rolling boil, then remove it from the heat.
- Immediately drizzle the glaze over the sliders in your pan. (Use all of it.)
- Your sandwiches will be completely coated. Most of the sauce will stay on top of the rolls, because they are pressed together so tightly in the pan. Some may seep down to the bottom and that’s okay.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake in a 350° for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the foil and return the rolls to the oven for 5 more minutes. This will let the tops get beautifully caramelized and toasty.
- Category: Appetizer