This sauce/dip is excellent when you want a snack with a spicy kick. It has a lovely creamy texture and “cheesy” flavor. It’s good for dipping veggies and it’s sensational for topping burgers.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons *nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Soak the cashews in enough water to completely cover them. Allow them to sit for at least 30 minutes. I often put them in water, stick the container in the fridge and go to bed. You can easily soak them up to 24 hours. Whatever works in your schedule. The longer they soak, the softer they will be and the smoother they will blend.
- Place all ingredients in the blender cup/pitcher of a high-speed blender.
- Pulse the blender a few times to get things started.
- Set blender on high and allow the sauce to become smooth and creamy.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.